Role: VP Data Science
ABOUT MEDIA IQ
Media iQ is an analytics technology company unlocking insights to help drive business growth.
Media iQ has a clear vision for their clients – to inspire through insights. They are experts at ingesting large amounts of data, modelling data to convert into insights and then actioning these insights through a variety of products and services.
Our People have an endearing and unique quality that sets them apart from the rest and that is why our product inspires. Our People make the difference and our values make the people.
In short, Media iQ make data valuable, insightful, and intelligent, which helps clients engage customers, grow sales and generate revenue. The major focus of the business is programmatic advertising on which they enjoy a 97% client retention rate globally across brands such as Walmart, Barclaycard and Ford.
MEDIA iQ was built 7 years ago by Gurman Hundal and Lee Puri, with its original base in London, UK. Remaining a self-funded business, the company has now grown to over 450 employees, with 8 global offices covering 4 continents. Our business vision is to inspire through insights. It is for this reason Media iQ has very exciting and realistic growth expectations over the coming years. It’s a great opportunity to work across a global business while becoming a key contributor within a growing, winning organization.
- Represent over 450 Client’s Globally
- 97% Retention Rate of Client’s since Launch
- 450 Global Employee’s, with a 100% Staff Retention Rate in the first 3 years of the business, currently 93%
- Offices in London, Manchester, Hamburg, New York, Toronto, Australia and Bangalore
- Award Winning Infrastructure – Recently voted for the ‘Best Use of Data’ as well as ‘Best Trading Team’ in UK and ‘Most Innovative Brand in Mobile’ in North America
MEDIA iQ are looking for a VP of Data science, who can lead the business in the field of Advanced Analytics/Data science and this is a key senior management position in the India team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a breadth of skills, expertise and experience in analytics domain and has strong management experience in building and scaling data science teams. The ideal candidate would have organically grown through the ranks, having been hands-on in successfully designed, developed and deployed large scale software and analytical products and recently has been in high ranking management/leadership positions in data science teams owning all things operationally in such teams.
This person would be reporting to the CTO and is expected to own the Data Science function and team in the technology department. The candidate will be expected to be a central part of how the Data science department functions day to day whilst also having critical input into the formulation of strategies to scale the department in-line with ambitions Media iQ engenders. To elaborate, the candidate is responsible for the delivery of MEDIA iQ’s analytical products in the roadmap, owns the timely release of these to world class quality standards, guides and mentors the Data Scientists in the team to successfully execute. Also, the candidate stays one step ahead, identifies bottlenecks and challenges that are likely to come up in terms of personnel, process, methodologies and tools and make appropriate choices in handling and addressing those. To summarise, this person owns all deliverables in the Data science team, is someone who can understand what is needed from an execution standpoint, and will insure a highly motivated and talented team executes proficiently and ensures they see projects and initiatives through to completion.
We expect this person to be someone whom the team looks up to as a mentor and leader not just as a manager or management layer, someone from whom people can learn from, people buy into and are inspired by. Understanding of the wider technical and analytical outputs in the market is key as well, with the business very much sitting in a highly innovative market place, it is important that the candidate is aware of current and future trends, especially in the areas of advanced analytics, machine learning and AI.
Whilst based in their Bangalore office, this person will quickly be expected to make one’s presence known and felt across different functions in Media iQ India and will be a key leader.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Overall planning, execution and release of analytics and data science modules/products
- Ensure day to day functioning and delivery is well managed with right processes in place
- Plans hiring needs of the team in advance based on product strategy, vision and roadmap and ensures the team has right set of skills and expertise to deliver
- Expected to understand the overall business, keep up to date with recent trends in advertising and marketing technology domain and in general with new Data science methodologies and contribute/participate in shaping the future roadmap for the company
- Work with the Product Development group to unlock Data science insights which will guide the ideation of new products
- Work with senior business stakeholders and product management to ensure smooth testing, adoption and launch of Analytics products
- Work closely with Product management and senior management to ensure that Data science rigour and best practice gets applied into every product and its releases
- Inspire and lead a talented team of Data scientists
- Mentor the team leads into more well-rounded managers and leaders
Analytics and Technology expertise
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Data science/computer science/related field
- Experience as a director or manager leading Data science or engineering teams in software development organizations
- Designed and developed scalable enterprise platforms and analytics products, preferably handling large amounts of data, distributed systems, incorporating advanced machine learning and AI methodologies
- Been responsible for design and development decisions, weighing the pros and cons of different approaches and getting team to buy in on choices
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate roadblocks, diagnose problems and generate effective solutions
- Extremely comfortable communicating with business and product management teams, being able to grasp and understand business context and translate that to analytics domain and vice-versa
People Management and Leadership Skills
- Several years and in-depth knowledge of people management experience
- Strong situational leadership instincts and abilities, including coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to set good goals and objectives, handle bonuses and raises, and write reviews for Data science team members
- Ability to lead through influence rather than direct authority
Communication, conduct and personality
- Demonstrate ease in working in a global environment, collaborate across in-country and international teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated success in effectively communicating at all levels of an organization
- Organizational development skills. Positive mind set with the proven ability to build a strong organization with a positive culture
- Ability to take decisions needed to achieve the organization’s objectives
- Demonstrate drive, energy and tenacity
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity
- Agility and Flexibility – the candidate will need a lot of both
- Ability to work well and productively, always projecting a positive outlook in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ideally has worked within Ad Tech Media companies before
- Ideally a mix of Large and Small Company experience preferred
WHAT WE VALUE IN OUR PEOPLE
- INNOVATION, the difference between good and great
- PASSION, infectious, creates momentum
- COMMUNITY, making the world a smaller place
- AMBITION, potential is limitless
- DETERMINATION, always find a way
- ADAPTABILITY, change is exciting
- PERSONALITY, endearing, unique and authentic
VP – Data Science
VP – Data Science
Enter your email and get it now!
Simply enter your email address and the download link will be sent right to your inbox.