Role: Team Lead – Java (AMAP)
ABOUT MEDIA IQ
Media iQ is an analytics technology company unlocking insights to help drive business growth. Media iQ has a clear vision for their clients – to inspire through insights. They are experts at ingesting large amounts of data, modelling data to convert into insights and then actioning these insights through a variety of products and services.
Our People have an endearing and unique quality that sets them apart from the rest and that is why our product inspires. Our People make the difference and our values make the people. In short, Media iQ make data valuable, insightful, and intelligent, which helps clients engage customers, grow sales and generate revenue. The major focus of the business is programmatic advertising on which they enjoy a 95% client retention rate globally across brands such as Walmart, Barclaycard and Ford.
MEDIA iQ was founded in 2010 October by Gurman Hundal and Lee Puri, with its original base in London, UK. Over time, Media iQ has remained an independently funded organisation, which has grown organically on a global scale. With 550 clients, 300 staff and 12 offices, spanning 6 countries and 3 continents, Media iQ has proved that unlocking actionable insights can make a large difference to clients globally.
- Represent over 550 Client’s Globally
- 95% Retention Rate of Client’s since Launch
- 300 Global Employee’s, with Staff Retention Rate over 90%
- Offices in London, Manchester, Hamburg, New York, Toronto, Bengaluru, Sydney and Melbourne
- Award Winning Infrastructure – Recently voted for the ‘Best Use of Data’ as well as ‘Best Trading Team’ in UK and ‘Most Innovative Brand in Mobile’ in North America
MiQ is looking for a Team Lead to work in our Development team that builds our proprietary platform AiQ.
AiQ is a Cloud only Microservice based platform that handles our real time and API based integrations with our buying platforms as well encompasses our front end business operation products such as our campaign management, optimisation and visualisation products. Our team is constantly building more such new products, platforms and systems for internal and external business consumption.
You will have the opportunity to design and develop end to end software components and systems from ground up and have ownership of them. You will have the opportunity to utilize a variety of latest Web application frameworks, Big Data technologies, Angular/React UI frameworks. You will be part of agile teams that utilizes CI and CD pipelines to speed up the products’ time to market.
You will be leading a team to build a next generation mar-tech solution builder which adapts well in the microservices ecosystem. Expectation would be to lead architecture / design and impact the choices we make in a big way. You will be holding the technical ownership of the product.
Your key stakeholders would include the leads of various teams (campaign, trading, sales/marketing, analytics). You will be supported by your peers and experts across many fields who will help you succeed.
- Own and drive business features into technology requirements
- Work closely with Product Managers, Customers to align technology choices with business requirements
- Architect, design & develop full stack modules and components
- Planning of multiple projects and good understanding record of time estimate vs actual delivery.
- Spearhead and mentor the team towards a product success story.
- 100 % adherence to scrum and devops practices.
- Raising the bar in engineering practices such as Code Quality, Reviews, Agility etc.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and apply them to our products
- Hands on in end to end technology stack development
- Quickly create quality prototypes
- Mentor and develop junior developers in the team
- Evangelist for high quality products and driver of best practices towards the same
- Interact with stakeholders (Developers and Product Managers in other teams) to understand their requirements and to gather feedback.
- Train stakeholder and other developers on the solutions we develop for them.
- Conduct internal dev talks to share interesting experiences with some technology stack or on some new tool/framework which can benefit everyone.
- Excellent grasp of one or more languages including an OO language
- Experience building multi-tier web applications, experience working on all layers of the stack is a plus
- 6+ years experience bringing innovative products to the market
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Design & Design Patterns, algorithm & data structures,
- Experience with cloud technologies, SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
- Good understanding and experience of Distributed systems
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Prior experience with Microservices based architectures is a plus
- Prior experience in Advanced Analytics is a plus
- Good knowledge of Linux environment
- Internalized and practices agile best practices from software architecture to product deployment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Stay abreast with the latest technologies and then apply them in relevant products
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions
- Interest & ability to influence all areas of software development from software best practices, CI, CD, Sustainability, documentation etc.
- Eagerness to mentor the team and be a go-to technology leader
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Analyze technology, resource needs etc to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Working knowledge of event based programming.
- Working knowledge on Front-end technologies like React or Angular.
- Constructs effective team structure that allows individuals and teams to succeed.
- Should have experience in managing a decent sized team in past.
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Knowledge of container technologies.
GOOD TO HAVE SKILLS
- Working Knowledge on React and Redux
- Apache Ignite
- Apache Kafka
- Graph Databases
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering is a must
WHAT WE VALUE IN OUR PEOPLE
- INNOVATION, the difference between good and great
- PASSION, infectious, creates momentum
- COMMUNITY, making the world a smaller place
- AMBITION, potential is limitless
- DETERMINATION, always find a way
- ADAPTABILITY, change is exciting
- PERSONALITY, endearing, unique and authentic
Team Lead – Java (AMAP)
Team Lead – Java (AMAP)
Enter your email and get it now!
Simply enter your email address and the download link will be sent right to your inbox.